Finding the right name for a startup business can have a significant impact on its success. The wrong name can do worse than fail to connect with customers; it can also result in insurmountable business and legal hurdles. In contrast, a clear, powerful name can be extremely helpful in the marketing and branding efforts.
8 helpful suggestions for choosing a winning name for a business:
- Avoid hard-to-spell names.
- Don’t pick a name that could be limiting as your business grows.
- Conduct a thorough Internet search.
- Use a name that conveys some meaning.
- Assess if the name is catchy.
- Get feedback on the name.
- Use resources available for brainstorming names.
- Make sure you are personally happy with the name.
Suggestions for a winning website for a business:
- Have only one website.
- Own your own domain.
- Build your website for your customer.
- Think of your website as an experience.
- Use original content.
- Make it easy for visitors to engage.